Just in time for Easter: deviled eggs. But with a twist! Made even more “devilish” (why are they actually called “deviled”???) with pickled jalapenos and cayenne pepper. Use some of my homemade aioli or store bought avocado oil mayonnaise for healthier mayo options. The ingredients in those dips are simply vinegar (or lemon juice), egg, and a healthy oil – nothing to be afraid of! The only thing you should be afraid of is how devilish these are *insert evil laugh*!!! No, but really, these are pretty spicy and my two-year-old couldn’t handle them, so scale back if you wish, but they are the perfect spicy appetizer to bring to the Easter potluck!
Spicy Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 deviled egg halves.
- 6 Perfect Boiled Eggs, peeled
- 3 tsp mayo (healthy options linked above)
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (I made them with about a 1/2 tsp and found them too salty, but my husband didn’t think so; adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 8-10 pickled jalapeno slices, diced
- Optional toppings:
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- sliced pickled jalapeno
- a sprinkling of paprika
- chopped cilantro
- With a sharp knife, cut boiled eggs in half length-wise
- Scoop out yolks and place in a small mixing bowl
- Add remaining ingredients (besides toppings) to the bowl
- Mix/mash until combined
- Evenly scoop filling back into egg whites
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until ready to serve
- Top with desired toppings just before serving
- Keep leftover eggs covered in the fridge for 3-5 days
For other Easter/spring time meal ideas, check out my Mustard Potato Salad, Crispy Brussels Sprouts, and Roasted Potatoes for sides dishes, and my Ghee, Garlic, and Herb Turkey with Gravy or Celebration Steaks with Pan Sauce for main dishes. For spring-y desserts, check out my No Bake Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust or No Bake Chocolate Date Cake. I know you’ll find something you and your family will love! Bring these Spicy Deviled Eggs to the Easter potluck, spice it up…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the link, it is of no extra cost to you – just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!